Making slow but steady progress on this. I have a kind of pie-in-the-sky goal of finishing it by the end of the week, but I really need to step it up a bit if that’s going to happen!
Made the figure a little more solid today.
The first photo is with the overhead light on; the second one, taken with only natural light, is less sharp but more accurately reflects the colors.
Haven’t had much energy for art lately — packing and keeping the apartment in a constant state of readiness for showings takes up way too much time. But I finally got fed up with that and broke out the pastels. This will probably be the last pastel painting I ever do at this apartment.
I started with a loose sketch on Ampersand Pastelbord, and then started roughing in the darks with neutral tones. It’s actually considerably darker than the picture shows — the bright light attached to my easel makes the top appear lighter than it actually is. Which is problematic, really. I probably ought to get a better lighting setup at some point after we move.
Done entirely with manganese blue nova and hansa yellow.
Previous days are unrecorded. So it goes.
Did an abstract underpainting, and then played around with pastels on top of it.
Thus ends the 30-day challenge of drawing from life and doing a miniature painting.